Home > Metuchen Edison History > History Features > Metuchen 1947 > Churches of Metuchen
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
- Founded 1717 - Woodbridge and Main. Clergyman, Rev. A.
H. Behrenberg, Th.D. 725 members. Tel. 6-0395. Director of Religious
Education, Miss Virginia Hunter. Services: 9:45 A.M. Sunday School,
11 A. M. Church Service, Wednesday, 7:45 P.M. Service.
- Dedicated 1858 - Amboy Avenue. Clergyman, Rev. H. VerStrate.
502 members. Tel. 6-0022. Services Sunday: 9:45 A.M. Church
School, 11 A.M. Morning Worship, 7:30 P.M. Sunday
School Youth Fellowship. 2:40 Wednesday Released Time Classes.
METHODIST CENTENARY CHURCH
- Dedicated 1866 - Middlesex and Main. Clergyman, Rev. Joseph
N. Pedrick. 260 members. Tel. 6-1786. Services Sunday: 9:45
A.M. Church School, 11 A.M. Morning Worship, 7 P.M. Senior Methodist
CATHOLIC ST. FRANCIS
- 2,471 Parishioners - Main and Elm Sts. Clergyman, Rev. J. J.
Foley; Asst., C. J. Sheenan. Tel. 6-0100. Services and Masses
Sundays at 7 A.M., 8 A.M., 9:30 A.M. and 11 A.M. Monday through
Saturday Masses at 7:30 A.M.
EPISCOPAL ST. LUKE'S CHURCH
- Dedicated 1869 - Middlesex and Oak. Clergyman, Rev. H. W. Dunne.
700 members. Tel. 6-0274-M. Services Sunday: 8 A.M. Holy Communion,
10 A.M. Sunday School, 11 A.M. Prayer Service.
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH
- Dedicated 1911- Carlton Road and Clinton Place. Clergyman,
Rev. Samuel G. Graham. 130 members. Tel. 6-1995-J. Services Sunday:
9:45 A.M. Sunday School, 11 A.M. Worship Service; 7 P.M. Young
People's Service. Wednesday, 8 P.M., Prayer Service.
SECOND BAPTIST CHURCH - Organized 1909 - 100 Durham Ave. Clergyman, Rev. N. D. Tate. 100 members. Tel. 6-0286-W. Services Sunday: 10 A.M. and 11:30 A.M. Friday, 8 P.M., Prayer Service.
Click here to return