Metuchen Edison web site Test
1. Do they have a 4th of July in England?
2. How many birth days does the average man have?
3. Some months have 31 days; how many have 28?
4. A woman gives a beggar 50 cents. The woman is the beggar's sister, but the beggar is not the woman's brother. Explain.
5. Why can't a man living in the US be buried in Canada?
6. How many outs are in an inning?
7. Is it legal for a man in California to marry his widow's sister?
8. Two men play 5 games of checkers. Each man wins the same number of games. There are no ties. Explain.
9. Divide 30 by 1/2 and add 10.
10. A man builds a rectangular house; all sides have a southern exposure. A big bear walks by. What color is the bear?
11. If there are 3 apples and you take 2 away, how many apples do you have?
12. I have 2 US coins that total 55 cents. One is not a nickel. What are the coins?
13. If you have only one match and you enter a room containing a kerosene lamp, oil burner and wood burning stove, which would you light first?
14. How far can a dog run into the woods?
15. A doctor gives you 3 pills, telling you to take one every 30 minutes. How long would the pills last?
16. A farmer has 17 sheep, and all but 9 die. How many are left?
17. How many animals of each sex did Moses take on the ark?
18. A clerk in a butcher shop is 5'10" tall. What does he weigh?
19. How many two cent stamps are there in a dozen?
20. What was the President's name in 1960?